St John's Church Garden Project, Old Colwyn The help of the RSPB ( www.rspb.org.uk ) and Bat Conservation Trust ( www.bats.org.uk ) was sought with a view to providing boxes for species. A Butterfly interpretation panel was included in the project to give visitors to the site details on butterfly species and habitat  nd habitat. An interpretation panel was also included to give visitors information of historical and natural history interest about the church and the garden. These panels were designed by Elizabeth Gleave, a North Wales graphic designer   ( eagleave@boltblue.com ). The Conwy County Council, Engineering Department gave advice on the choice of park benches and litter bins for the site. The Bay of Colwyn Town Council made a grant for one of the benches. The parishioners of the Church also pledged a contribution for various elements of the project. The final plan included metal railings to replace the hedge and also tree surgery to tidy all the trees on the site. At the planting stage of the borders, the Parks and Gardens Department donated over 200 shrubs to stock the front border. The other potted plants were planted into other borders in the perimeter. Volunteer work completed the project by August 2005 with over 1300 man hours being donated by 36 people in a variety of ways. Conwy County Council gave great assistance with the removal of waste from the site on a regular basis. The Church reintroduced a full path all the way around the Church for access. Grateful thanks are extended to all persons and organisations involved in the project. Feedback from people visiting and passing is that the project has lifted the feeling of wellbeing in the village. CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO TOP Old Colwyn East Residents Association Please note